Sicilian Tomato & Golden Raisin Sauce
This savory and slightly sweet sauce is an homage to Sicilian cooking.
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time35 min
- Total Time45 min
- 1-28 Oz Ounce Can Crushed San Marzano Tomatoes
- ¼ C Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ C Minced Sweet Onions
- ½ C Minced Carrots
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- ½ C Gold Raisins (Plumped In 1 Cup Warm Water)
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Flat Leave Parsley
- 4 Leaves Torn Basil
- 1 Tbsp Sicilian Oregano
- 1 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tsp Chili Flakes
- 5 To 6 Turns Fresh Ground Black Pepper
In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat add the olive oil, minced garlic, onions, carrots and salt, saute the vegetables until they are translucent, about 5 to 6 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, raisins and chili flakes, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer, about 8 minutes.
Simmer the sauce for 15 minutes, add the parsley and torn basil, cook 5 minutes, remove from the heat.